Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

This semester I read more than I thought I would, however it wasn't always easy for me to reach the required amount of pages or to find time to read. I read a lot of romance novels, of course, and a variety of other books that were recommended to me by someone else. One challenge I had was pushing myself to stick with a book that I found boring to read or hard to read, but I did. I read during any amount of time I could find, at night, during commercials while watching tv, etc. If I find a book that instantly grabs me and interests me, I can read for hours totally absorbed in the book. However, I don't think that's happened completely since I read the Twilight series. Whenever I find a good book that I think someone else would enjoy, like a family member or friend, I talk about it to them and suggest they read it.

At the end of the semester I still think I'm the same reader I always have been. I still read the same types of books because the books I read are the ones that interest me. But, by doing the "Art of" projects and exercises I look at writing in a different way. I have a new perspective of how to be descriptive and analytical. This summer I will most likely read independently because I do almost every summer. I'll probably be reading the same types of books because I like to enjoy what I read. If I'm reading a book that I don't get into until the very end, I don't enjoy reading it. I think you should enjoy what you're reading, especially if you're reading independently and have a choice of what you read. As of right now I'm going to finish reading Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen and then read another one of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment