Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently at This Moment

Elie Wiesel now.
Go Ask Alice Author Anonymous edited by Beatrice Sparks
A Northern Light Jennifer Donnelly
Night Elie Wiesel

Pages This Week: 105

Total Pages: 423
Elie Wiesel then...
Sentences of the Week:
1."He explained to me, with great emphasis, that every question possessed a power that was lost in the answer..." Night

2. "I wish there was some way to literally and truly and completely and permanently blot my real nightmares out, but since there isn't, I must poke them way back into the darkest and most inaccessible corners and crevices of my brain, where perhaps they will eventually be covered over or become lost." Go Ask Alice

3. "Right now I want a word that describes the feeling you get - a cold, sick feeling deep down inside - when you know something is happening that will change you, and you don't want it to, but you can't stop it. And you know, for the first time, for the very first time, that there will now be a before and an after, a was and a will be. And that you will never again be quite the same person you were." A Northern Light

This week passage three, from A Northern Light, is my favorite because although it's more than one single sentence each sentence flows together to form a single thought. I think that the passage is one that can be related to by many people even though the story takes place during the early 1900s.

No comments:

Post a Comment