Friday, September 23, 2011

Sentences of the Month

Currently:
Go Ask Alice author Anonymous edited by Beatrice Sparks
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly 
Night by Elie Wiesel

Pages this Week: 111

Total Pages: 534

Sentences of the Month:
1. "So big question - why so much hate in your mind when love is the only way to straighten things out?" Jay's Journal

2. "He explained to me, with great emphasis, that every question possessed a power that was lost in the answer..." Night

3. "Right now I want a word that describes the feeling you get - a cold, sick feeling deep down inside - when you know something is happening that will change you, and you don't want it to, but you can't stop it. And you know, for the first time, for the very first time, that there will now be a before and an after, a was and a will be. And that you will never again be quite the same person you were." A Northern Light

4. "I wish there was some way to literally and truly and completely and permanently blot my real nightmares out, but since there isn't, I must poke them way back into the darkest and most inaccessible corners and crevices of my brain, where perhaps they will eventually be covered over or become lost." Go Ask Alice

My favorite sentence this month is the passage from Night. I like it because it's a sentence that made me stop and think about what it's saying and trying to teach. If I have to stop and think about a sentence I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment