Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Currently week 7 and Sentences of the Quarter

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Night by Elie Wiesel - finished. :)
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

Pages this Week: 130
Total Pages: 770

Sentences of the Quarter:

1. "At the moment it inspires me, if not with love, at least with confidence." Rebecca

2. "He explained to me, with great emphasis, that every question possessed a power that was lost in the answer..." Night

3. "Right now I want a word that describes the feeling you get - a cold, sick feeling deep down inside - when you know something is happening that will change you, and you don't want it to, but you can't stop it. And you know, for the first time, for the very first time, that there will now be a before and an after, a was and a will be. And that you will never again be quite the same person you were." A Northern Light

4. "So big question - why so much hate in your mind when love is the only way to straighten things out?" Jay's Journal

I like all of these sentences for different reasons. Sentence # 1, I like the idea of it and the optimism of her thinking. Sentence # 2, makes me think. When I first read it I was confused but the more I thought about it I understood, and I like that it made me think. Sentence # 3, I like because I personally can relate to what Mattie is describing. And sentence # 4, I like because I like the concept of the question. I believe that you shouldn't waste time hating or resenting as well as regretting, so why not be happy and love?    

No comments:

Post a Comment