Friday, October 7, 2011

A Northern Light

A Northern Light is starting to really interest me because I'm discovering little things that I like about it. Like, the  name of every chapter is a word. At first I didn't understand the relevance of each word and then as I continued reading I realized that each word is a word that Mattie has picked from her dictionary to be her "word of the day". I thought that was a creative idea on the author's part. Another thing I like is the setting, it takes place on a farm where they have to supply almost all of their necessities. I really respect the farm life, coming from a southern background, and can relate to the characters not only in the lifestyle (to an extent) but to some of the chores they have to do as well. In addition, I also like that it takes place many years ago but it still teaches lessons that are valuable today.

No comments:

Post a Comment